Monkey Hill helps its clients engage effectively with health consumers, health care providers, researchers and policymakers. Combining sound strategic thinking with our knowledge of emerging trends and technologies, we create websites and other web-based tools that target your stakeholders where they spend their time — online. We also plan and write online content that connects, persuades and encourages action.
In the health and research environment, resources are always scarce. Monkey Hill can help you prioritize your online needs and focus your efforts on what is most effective and sustainable.
Before you choose your online tools and technologies, you need to be clear about what you want to achieve. What are your objectives in reaching out online? Who are your audiences, and what do you want them to know, believe or do as a result of your engagement with them? What resources you have to create and sustain your online communications?
We guide our clients through a comprehensive communication planning process to uncover the answers to these fundamental questions. Our “strategy first” approach will help ensure you’re reaching out to the right people, through the right platform, with the right message.
Monkey Hill offers complete management and support services for developing and launching your digital communication program – everything from creative, to coding, to staff training. We can also liaise with your in-house IT and Communications staff, as well as partners and funders, to ensure that your project progresses smoothly within your organizational environment.
Monkey Hill offers complete website design and development services using open source platforms and Content Management Systems (CMS). All our websites are developed according to the latest best practices in:
- responsive design (mobile-friendly)
- accessibility & usability
- ethical Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Depending on your specific communication needs and your resources, other tools and technologies may include:
- Social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, blogging, YouTube, photo sharing
- Online surveys using guaranteed Canadian service providers
- Online donations
- E-learning modules
We also develop and manage online content. We’re experienced in:
- Writing/editing for the web
- Social media management
- E-newsletter production & management
- Video production
Monkey Hill typically develops long-term relationships with our clients, providing ongoing support as they build their online presence. This includes:
- Hosting, domain name registration and SSL renewals
- Uptime monitoring & troubleshooting
- Google analytics
Improvements & upgrades:
- Site redesign
- New features, site enhancements and custom plug-ins
- Ongoing site maintenance
- A full range of communication planning and support services, both online and off (e.g. print communications and media relations)
- Evaluation of online communications
Also known by other terms in Canada’s health and academic sectors – such as “Knowledge Transfer and Exchange” or “Knowledge Mobilization” – Knowledge Translation (KT) is the practice of making research evidence available, relevant and useful to people and organizations that can benefit from it. It’s a continuous process that requires planning, outreach, collaboration, communication and evaluation.
As a certified Knowledge Translation Professional, Monkey Hill principal Alison Osborne uses KT principles and practices throughout her communications work with health and research clients. This includes:
- Identifying and engaging a variety of stakeholders across the research endeavour and supporting them to work together as they develop, share and use research knowledge to benefit health and health care.
- Developing sound and comprehensive communication strategies that help facilitate awareness, support and uptake of research evidence into practice.
- “Telling the story” in a way that speaks to the needs and interests of various stakeholders across a range of communication tools and technologies.